Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Paul Rodgers singing Led Zeppelin (Rock and Roll)! My dream has come true!

matt53matt53 Posts: 182Pro
edited January 2016 in Ken Tamplin's Corner
At a recent event honoring Jimmy Page Paul Rodgers got up there and sang Rock and Roll along with another vocalist who I can't identify. In the beginning Paul's sound levels are down but in the link below you can see him singing it.
SKIP TO 8:45 in the video for some kickass singing from Paul.

And he sings it even better than Robert!
He should really consider doing an album of Led Zep covers. I would be the first to buy it (if Ken doesn't beat me first).

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • WOW! Even as a Plant fan I could say Rodgers voice definitely aged better. He only seems to have gotten more power over the years.

Jimmy needs to give Paul a call pronto on another "Firm" esque supergroup and give Robert Plant a break.
  • Yeah it's crazy how good he is. I remember watching the video the first time and heard Paul singing it in the lower interval that Robert fell back on and thought to myself, "Okay I know he's capable of more than this."
    Then I watched the whole video through and was blown away when I heard him belting out the original melody at the end. Shows what a great singer he is. Paul loves to save his best and highest singing for the end of many songs.