Home Vocal Health and Wellness

Weird feeling in the left ear after practice

I noticed that several days in the row after practicing singing my left ear feels clogged. It is not the same as when you pinch your nose and blow the air. Just a feeling of some pressure in the ear. No pain. Anyone else had similar experience?

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    You might need to see your doctor. Have you had a sore throat or a cold? You could have an earache coming on.
  • twelvedesigntwelvedesign Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 239
    I do have a minor cold going on, so maybe thats what it is. There is no pain, just a feeling of pressure and almost feels like the ear is clogged.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    When you have drainage in the sinuses into the throat, or a sore throat of just about any kind, your eustacian tubes can swell shut, and you can experience pressure differentials between your inner ear and your outside world, and that can affect your hearing and/or your comfort.

• twelvedesigntwelvedesign Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 239
    Haven't gone to see a doctor, but I am pretty sure it is related to either cold or an allergy. Have been having lots of issues with mucous lately.

I got the same sensation in my left ear yesterday during practice, but it went away shortly after.