Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Edjumacation

sspatricksspatrick Enrolled Posts: 1,278
edited May 2012 in INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Hey Everyone,

Its the weekend, and i think we all need a little time off, but not from singing!  Take some time and check out some of Kens How to Sing demo's.  I think sometimes we focus too much on the exercises, and forget why we are all here.  To sing.  I learn so much from Kens demos and lessons, how to apply the techniques that he is teaching in the HTS series.  Have some fun, belt, wail, and make some noise. All the best, and have a great weekend.

Best Answers

• GuevaraGuevara Enrolled Posts: 140
    Answer ✓

Sounds like a plan Patrick!... and I think you've invented a new word too:-)

Last night I watched "The School Of Rock" for the first time in years and it gave me some real inspiration along the lines of what you've just said...Make some noise and have fun.... that's what it's all about, right?... now where's my guitar:-)

• PeteMurphyPeteMurphy Enrolled Posts: 95
    edited May 2012 Answer ✓
    I've spent the weekend gigging, come down with a throat infection, and completely lost my voice... head is bunged up, aching body... I think it's going to be a few days of keeping quiet for me (I don't think I'd manage a workout) and lots of honey and herbal tea. The singer in the band has it too.

So yes, a perfect opportunity to do some reviewing... reading through the forum posts and checking out Ken's youtube videos.

Oh, and Scott - I think Edjumacation is right ;-)

Edit to add: played a GREAT venue on Friday. It's obvious that it's owned by a musician. We were treated so well by everyone, they fed and watered us, the soundman was brilliant, the crowd were amazing. I know the name won't mean much to you guys as a lot of you aren't in this country, let alone this area, but the place is in Warwick and it's called the Warwick Cavern. Well done that venue. Top marks for you!

Answers

• sspatricksspatrick Enrolled Posts: 1,278
    i think is didn't spell it quite right.  it should be Edjumacation.....at least thats how we say it in Canada.
  • GuevaraGuevara Enrolled Posts: 140
    Haha, that's interesting... I wasn't pulling you up on your spelling Patrick (not my style). I seriously have never heard this word before, Edjamacation/Edjumacation. What is your definition of it? I thought you meant education/learning through jamming:-) is that close?