Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

What is your vocal range?

My full vocal range extends over 4 octaves. The lowest note I ever sang was an A2, and the highest I ever sang was a C#6. Of course, on an average day my range doesn't go that far. Those are my lowest and highest though. I feel pretty satisfied with this.

What is your range?

Comments

• Really?

¿Singing full songs?
  • KevinGremKevinGrem Posts: 202Pro
    Those would be my maximum and minimum ranges on my best day. On an average day, my range would be a full 4 octaves from B2 to B6.
  • KevinGrem said:

Those would be my maximum and minimum ranges on my best day. On an average day, my range would be a full 4 octaves from B2 to B6.

I insist.Singing full songs?
  • Do you understand my question?
    Nah, I don't think so. I don't think I'd be able to maintain that much range for a full song, although I've never tried it before. But just maybe I can. I'll have to try. But what song is there that goes all the way from B2 to B6?
  • Soup9Soup9 Posts: 1Pro
    My full vocal range extends over 4 octaves. The lowest note I ever sang was an A2, and the highest I ever sang was a C#6.
    That's actually not over 4 octaves, that's 3 octaves and a major third.

My modal range is from about C2-Bb4 (a whole step less than three octaves), with another octave of falsetto (up to the Bb5). Never been able to hit a B4 in chest, my voice doesn't stretch that far. :neutral:
  • @KevinGrem Thanks for the clarification,mate.

And it was a bit comical haha, but you know few songs reach as high vocal range.

In the end, things always end up adapting. Nobody sings dream on by aerosmith, every day, with the same intention and power.
    Soup9 said:

My full vocal range extends over 4 octaves. The lowest note I ever sang was an A2, and the highest I ever sang was a C#6.
    That's actually not over 4 octaves, that's 3 octaves and a major third.

My modal range is from about C2-Bb4 (a whole step less than three octaves), with another octave of falsetto (up to the Bb5). Never been able to hit a B4 in chest, my voice doesn't stretch that far. :neutral:

Wrong. It's 4 octaves and a major third. Look it up.
  • blondiewalesblondiewales Posts: 339Pro
    A2-A3 constitutes one octave
    A3-A4 a second one
    A4-A5 a third

Between A5 and C#6, there are 3 notes: A#5, B5, C6, and then C#6.

So there we have 3 octaves and 4 notes. Right? Unless you meant A1. The counter restarts at the C note, so it's easy to confuse.

But if you've practiced volume 3 and you're the usual KTVA high baritone/low tenor, you might be able to go well below A2. So you may well have over 4 octaves. I think this is the norm for KTVA students who have been with the program for a few years. It's still very impressive.