Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Three questions regarding 'vocal health and wellness' video

MilesConradMilesConrad Posts: 18Pro
edited June 2012 in Vocal Health and Wellness
Hi there!

I'm a beginner who has been on volume one for a couple of months now. Last Friday I went to a three hour concert and due to shouting and singing the whole time as well as lack of sleep and water until the next day, my voice took a beating, I can't complete any of Ken's scales successfully and my ears are kind of clogged. On the 'Vocal health and wellness' video on volume three of 'How To Sing', Ken gives a recipe of a great immune system builder and says to "juice" them and take it with food once or twice a day. I tried Googling the recipe and found a comment on one of Ken's YouTube videos where he gave a longer recipe.

1) I only have a blender, not a juicer. Is a blender okay to use with these ingredients or would it be wise to invest in a good juicer?
2) If blended or juiced, do I add water or something to it?
3) What recipe should I use? The one in the video which has less ingredients, or the one Ken stated on YouTube which has more (1 small bushel of spinach, 1 clove garlic, a thumb size sprig of ginger, 1/1 apple, 1/4 red beet (bulb), a celery stick, 5 carrots, 1 - 1/8 tea spoon cayenne pepper, 1 shot of wheat grass)?

Many thanks!

Best Answer

• Ken TamplinKen Tamplin Posts: 429
    Accepted Answer

A blender is different than a juicer.

Blending the following can get pretty nasty.

1 bushel of spinach

1 bushel of Kale

5-7 large carrots (depending on how sweet you want it)

1 sprig of ginger (about the size of your thumbnail)

1 large clove of fresh garlic

1 celery stick

1/4 of an onion (if you can handle it)

I have never "blended" this before, only juiced it and it will works very very well.

Answers