Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

New Demos

Hi Bob.......been a while I hope you are doing well mate. I have posted 2 new tunes here. I dont want to say anything about these until you have heard these yourself......All I can say is that I have been working every day on my singing.....I really hope you enjoy these.....Condemnation is my favorite of these...Cheers....Tom
http://yourlisten.com/sealrose/i-feel-you
http://yourlisten.com/sealrose/condemnation-1

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Nice work, Tom. I really am liking your vocal tone. I like Condemnation the best, too, nice melody, laid back.

If you want my little gem of suggestion, I would like to see you relax your vibrato a bit. It's kind of fast (which you may like) and a little deep at times. I know there are some famous artists (like Stevie Nicks) who are revered for doing a deep, fast vibrato, but for my own recommendation, it sounds a bit tense and you can really lay back into the sound if you can lighten the depth and also slow it down.

Changing our vibrato speed can be tough, but Ken's Ghosting exercises are really good for getting that to happen naturally.

I don't want to get too sidetracked on the vibrato, because different people like different kinds of vibrato, but Ken recommends slowing it down and lightening it up so that it doesn't introduce too much pitch warble.

I also don't want to be sidetracked by getting nitpicky about little things, when I was really struck by how PRO your voice is sounding. You have improved so over the time I have been listening to you. That was my overall impression, was WOW, your voice is really continuing to maturate into a totally new sound, yet it's unmistakably YOU. Your hard work is paying off.

Nice job, Bro!

Bob
  • sealrosesealrose Enrolled Posts: 162
    Hey thanks Bob....I want to post another tune or two that I am recording now and taking note of the Vibrato issue....I'll try to post them in the next 24-48 hours.....I'm confident these will be better......I'll keep going man....
    Cheers Bob.....talk to you soon. Tom
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Thanks Tom. Looking forward to hearing more.

Bob