Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

Hi Everyone, Acrobat and stuntman trying singing for the first time :)

Hi everyone I'm Mat,

A little background on myself I've been a professional acrobat / Freerunner for over 10 years now, I also work as a stuntman so I've got pretty good at pushing through my fears, wether it be jumping between buildings or doing death defying stunts on a film set in front of 100s of people,

Then I decided to learn to sing, and found it to be the scariest thing I have ever done so far anyway :)

So I've always wanted to be able to sing but never really had the time to commit to it as i've usually got a lot on, but I've recently Injured myself whilst doing a stunt and I'm going to be out for a while, so I've now got the perfect opportunity to learn to sing, I've just got involved with the Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy and got my self the pro pack the other day, looking forward to working through it all and learning how to use my voice.

I'm completely new to all this so will probably be asking all sorts of questions to really get a good understanding of singing and strengthening the voice

Happy to be part of this community and looking forward to improving alongside you all

Mathew Kaye

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358
    Welcome, @mathewkaye

It's great to have you here. Just remember, since you're kind of a daredevil kinda guy... Stay safe with your voice. Don't be doing your vocal exercises when jumping between buildings or racing freight-trains to the crossing!

Looking forward to hearing your voice grow into something you never thought possible!

Bob
  • Options
    mathewkayemathewkaye Pro Posts: 6
    Thanks Bob I'll try and keep the vocal training safe, tho I was playing around yesterday and discovered that I've got more support if i do the scales in a handstand, so i'll try to activate the same muscles while standing.

Whats the best place to post up some video recordings of me singing?

Just so I can learn where I am ability wise and then I can start to build from there.

Thanks Bob