Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Tonsils

VenusVenus Posts: 2Enrolled
edited June 2012 in Ken Tamplin's Corner
Hi Ken, I've been practicing your lessons for several months now and have heard improvement in my voice. There are times, however, when I encounter 'bad singing days' and have experienced hoarseness. After reading other posts in the forum I see that many people encounter this problem and that it is probably just a natural part of growing the voice. My concern is that my left tonsil is noticeably bigger than my right tonsil. I've seen a doctor about this and she said that it wasn't a big deal and that I just have an enlarged tonsil. My question is, does this affect my singing voice in any way, and/or make it harder for me to grow my voice? Also, have you trained anyone with an enlarged tonsil before?

Answers

• pmacpmac Posts: 58Pro

Hi Ken ,

I also have a question about tonsils. Mine were removed as a child and i would like to know what effect on the singing voice this might have?

Cheers

Paul