Home The Singer's Lobby

Strengthen the voice

LukmenLukmen Member Posts: 29
Hey guys, I've seen some videos on Ken's youtube channel and started doing the Ah vowel exercise. Feel like my voice extended a bit. How do you guys make your voice sound stronger. Because I feel like my sounds weak and thin even in my comfortable register.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Diaphragmatic breath support and cord closure are essential elements in getting a stronger-sounding voice. Regular workouts and chest-voice stretching also get you a more robust sound. Open Throat technique helps to avoid unneeded tension in the chest, neck, and throat.

Bob
  • LukmenLukmen Member Posts: 29
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Record yourself always when doing your vocal workouts, warmups, and songs. Listen back and do self-critiques. Make adjustments and corrections, based on what you hear.

Learn to listen actively AS you sing, comparing the pitch you are making to the pitch or key of the scale or song you are singing. Make adjustments on the fly. You have to train your ear and your brain to pay attention in a more active way, if you are having troubles discerning pitch.

A bright tone is very helpful in pitch discernment. The brighter the tone, the better. That bright tone will also help you to grow resonance.
  • LukmenLukmen Member Posts: 29