Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

3 NEW DEMO TUNES

Hi Bob.....Sorry this took so long....but....That little bit of 'Nitpicking' was spot on. I needed to relax my sound a lot more and have solved the 'wobbly' bits (vibrato) as well as a number of other 'bits'. I feel I'm getting close now. So I have been taking time to get this right as well as discovering some other abilities....so keep 'Nitpicking'....its Gold actually.
I have posted 3 tunes here including a retake of 'condemnation' I'm sure you will hear the difference.
Keep well my friend and I'll keep working....come too far to quit now....I KNOW I'm getting there....Hope you enjoy these.
PS. Stevie Nicks hey......Tell you I had a major crush on her growing up in the 70's....I suppose most young lads were at the time..haha....and I was'nt really trying to sound like her....haha....Oh well....
Tom
http://yourlisten.com/sealrose/heaven-3#
http://yourlisten.com/sealrose/johnny-3
http://yourlisten.com/sealrose/condemnation-3#

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Hi, Tom.

Yes, I can hear that you've been working and improving. You've stabilized the vibrato quite a bit. That's not easy to do, because we tend to get "locked-in" with our vibrato. Good work.

On "Heaven 3" I'm hearing a little bit of pitch issues with that first line. Where it's going F, C#, C#, C#, C, F, Bb you really need to be careful to get the pitch centered and stable. Those notes need to sit right in the center of the pitch. That first line needs some centering to be spot-on. Sliding up to the pitches can get you in trouble, too.

Johnny 3 - Some pitch issues on the end of the first line: "knows"
    Same on the same note later on "cares", and then on "real". Those lyrics are on an E-F change. The E is on but the F is pitched a little out. You nail the rest of the song.

Condemnation - Watch the end/release of the long, sustained notes. Try to slow down and relax more into the small amount of vibrato that you are using. Support well, to keep those long sustains stable, and work on the releases at the ends to taper off sounding very relaxed, as opposed to a little bit of a nervous sound. You've really improved, even since your last demo.

Your voice continues to maturate into your own sound and style.

All the Best!

Bob
  • sealrosesealrose Enrolled Posts: 162
    Hi Bob.....Hey thanks for all of that cheers.....Also very sorry about the reply I did do to this on the day you posted your comment. I just noticed its not here....Dont know what happened..Did not hit 'Post Comment' maybe!
    Again thanks for your valued input and am working plenty to get where I need to be.
    Will post a few more in the coming days.....hopefully these will be higher in quality.
    Again sorry about the delay.
    Most respect Tom
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Thanks, Tom. I look forward to hearing your demos, always.

All the Best!

Bob