Home The Singer's Lobby

A-ha 'Take One Me'

For some f'n reason, the last line of the chorus that ends on the A4 messes me up. I can hit the notes easily but when I add the words in and have been singing the whole song, my voice is in some weird mode and I'm struggling. Any ideas why?? Thanks.

Comments

• twelvedesigntwelvedesign Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 239
    edited October 2016
    @jimmygneccofan, have you seen the video where Ken talks about chocking on consonants? It is much easier to sing high notes on pure vowels, but once you add in consonants they start messing up with the open throat very quickly.

You might have to find that video (I am not sure if it is available outside of PRO membership), but the short story, is that you can try and practice the lines using vowels only, and then start adding consonants just enough to make words legible.
  • jimmygneccofanjimmygneccofan Member Posts: 25

@jimmygneccofan, have you see the video where Ken talks about chocking on consonants? It is much easier to sing high notes on pure vowels, but once you add in consonants they start messing up with the open throat very quickly.

You might have to find that video (I am not sure if it is available outside of PRO membership), but the short story, is that you can try and practice the lines using vowels only, and then start adding consonants just enough to make words legible.

Thanks! Yeah, the letter "m" in "me" messed me up more than I thought it would. I finally figured out that I was just underestimated that particular consonant. Ha