Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

With Or Without You (U2, last chorus only) - Is this the right chesty sound?

timliu92timliu92 Member Posts: 65
Dear KTVA,

Recently I tried to practice my diaphragmatic support and open throat a lot harder because I have been singing in a heady mix for quite a while, and accordingly I decided to give With Or Without You a try, since the last chorus has a very chesty sound on it. Is this the right chesty and bright sound that Ken was talking about, or is this an unwanted yell? Attached is the link for your reference.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8CiHwDlUuGpNTZTZlF6SE5aSXM/view?usp=sharing

I did not mix the audio or compress it or anything, so sorry if the sound is a bit too loud for your ears.

Regards,
Tim

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358
    Hi, Tim.

I couldn't get your file to play. We don't really want to have to download different apps for each person that posts songs, so the official places to post are YouTube and Soundcloud. Having to download files carries risks of malware with it.

If you don't mind, could you repost on one of those?

Thanks,

Bob
  • Options
    timliu92timliu92 Member Posts: 65
    Sure, Bob, here is the Soundcloud link. I will delete it in a few hours since it is just a practice clip -
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358
    Sounds pretty good, not yelling. Be careful with the volume, though. It takes a lot of support to keep from oversinging when using this sound.