Home Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method

New to singing

Hey guys,
I've played music all my life but stayed away from singing as I just assumed it was something I couldn't do.
Well now I'm giving it a shot. My pitch seems OK and I can harmonize fairly well but I don't like my tone, I can't do vibrato, on higher notes my voice breaks and transitioning into my head voice and back sounds just awful.

Is there any hope for me? Can this stuff be learnt? I would just like to be passable. I'm looking at buying the course but want to know if it's even possible to fix these problems with practice.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Yes, @Ruairiau,

It is possible to learn these things. You really need the course to be able to do it well, because just picking up free tips here and there won't give you the full picture to really work on your voice as a whole.

Ken's course does teach you how to grow a better tone, and you learn to work with your breath, build vibrato, and how to both stretch your chest voice AND learn to bridge into head voice.

It can all be learned, one step at a time, and in the proper order.

If you have an ear for pitch, and if you are willing to put in the time and effort with the right instructions, you will do well. It does take a lot of practice, and you have to actually grow your voice. Just like growing to adulthood, this growth will take time and patience. But yes. It works.

All the Best!

Bob