Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Killer Queen - Queen.

This song, this song is just so melodic and I love it. I am getting a better result at the G4's than before, so I try to go for them, but they are just not consistent. Especially the parts that say: ''Just like Marie-Antoinett'' or ''She spoke just like a baroness'' and a G#4 which is ''Guaranteed to blow your mind''. Now, I usually push down on my diaphragm, open my throat, etc. What are your recommendations/tips on approaching it?

I am posting the link so I save you time:

Minute: 0:15, 0:38, 1:05, 1:28 and 2:30.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Posts: 11,541Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    These lyrics are packed with tons of consonants. It helps to minimize the consonants, so that the notes aren't so broken-up and so that you can maintain an open throat more of the time.

To sing the high G's and G#'s, you have to pare back the tone. You can't easily take a lot of girth up there like you could on a C4 or D4. The notes have to taper down as you go up.