Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Me singing Lah (One Scale) Using the Sing and See. You can view DK Capture!

Me singing Lah (One Scale) Using the Sing and See. You can view DK Capture!
Let me know what you think looking at the notes I am singing. Do I stay on this one scale, until I get the scale right, before going to the next scale? And if so, can I practice one scale for 30 minutes, until I continue on with the Course, thanks.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=dMNaRhzX2mA&feature=youtu.be

Comments

• 0 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • highmtnhighmtn Posts: 10,676Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    Hey, Donna!

This is a good clip. I like the way you did this setup with the screen capture.

You can use this setup to do some good work with your voice.

Something I want you to "get" from this is which notes you are hitting well, and which ones are off.

You'll need to do this one note at a time. Then we can put them together, but slowly. After that, we can get it up to speed.

The notes on this scale are A#2, D3, F3, A#3, F3, D3, A#2.

Notice that the bottom note, A#2, and the Top Note A#3, are the same note, but an octave apart. So they sound the "same" but one is higher than the other.

You are hitting the bottom A# well and consistently, but you don't get to the A#3 ever.

So to start with, I'd like you to do A#2, A#3, over and over, but very slowly. First just hit and A#2. Then hit an A#3 and use the computer to show you when you get there. You can click on the notes of the "keyboard" to hear them to match your voice up.

Do what it takes to sing an AH on A#3.

Once you can hit A#3 well, then go back and forth between A#2 and A#3.

For hours if you need to, in order to lock in that interval of notes correctly. Use the program to verify that you're either right or pretty close.

After you've gotten fairly solid with the A# octaves, then add in the other two notes (D3 and F3). Work on the individual notes like you did the A#3 to make sure you're doing each note individually correctly. Then S-l-o-w-l-y put them together in the complete scale. Take it at whatever speed you can do it on all of the notes correctly. Do this one scale for whatever length of time it takes to get the right note intervals burned-in and feeling reliable. It should start to sound better as you get really familiar with doing the right notes, on pitch.

Take your time.

Bob