Hey Dudes and Divas!

Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forum, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA forum - the rest of the forum is hidden from view.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

When first starting off how min a day do sing and do the sit ups for breathing?

donnabrightdonnabright Posts: 92Pro
When first starting off how min a day do I do the sit up's and sing?
I seen Ken do sit up in chair and that is where I do so, so I do not strain. Then sing. Well since I am just starting how often should I repeat daily? Yes, I am still working on my pitch as well.
I put video on repeat and have 7 minutes worth of video now for the breathing exercises, after I recorded it for myself. I wonder if this would work for all the vowels. I am going to try it, All i like to to know is 7-10 minutes long enough per day starting off to do this breathing, sing vowel exercise? Thanks.

Comments

• 0 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • highmtnhighmtn Posts: 9,678Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    You only need to do the situps once to learn what kind of effort you should be putting into pushing down on your diaphragm when you sing high notes. It's just to give you an example of how much strength you should put into resisting the release of your breath when singing. Once you "get it" you've "got it".

You can spend your time singing instead of doing sit ups.

So you can do the vowels for as long as you want. Keep in mind how much effort a situp takes when you need to push down on your diaphragm for high notes.