Home Off Topic

Yet, another thinks it doesn't work.

gracarvegracarve Pro Posts: 22
So I explained the entire program to a friend of mine and gave him full details on what different things meant, and he still thinks I am wrong about correct technique in singing and thinks I need to be vocally evaluated. Yet I've showed him that I know what I'm talking about and proved it. Gosh this is frustrating.

Comments

• bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    edited February 2017
    I saw some videos on youtube about a guy complaining about KTVA, that it's a scam etc. It was terribly annoying too.
    He also says you don't need support, and can more or less just belt by finding your call register. lol? Just say 'hey' a bit loud and there you have it. Right?! By doing this, it might feel OK at first, but there is a lot less tone and you will not be able to sustain the tension etc.

Tamplin mentions call register of course, but much more things come into play. and SUPPORT is so important.
    Some people also quickly say: don't sing above your range! But you have to learn to control this tension. Wouldn't a lot of music be much more boring if singer's dare not go beyond their 'comfortable' range?
    If people are so preachy about singing, i would like to hear them sing full songs with some good range. Ken sings songs in all his ranges.

I don't know what some people are thinking. Ken Tamplin is the only course i have seen with so many student videos, testimonies of people actually SINGING and Ken's many own examples of singing. And better so, Ken isn't perfect, and not every video of him is perfect. He has his own voice and its own sound. However, you can't deny the incredible technique. Ken is not the youngest among us, but just see how sick his voice is. And with sick, i mean extremely good. He'll be rocking that voice for a long time to come, unlike many other ageing singers.

Some people might not like the way he sings certain songs, but he is his own person. His students sound very different for example.

I think one of the best aspects of KTVA is how you learn to sing so open and bright. It's such a nice tone. It's not closed. Growing your voice is a journey, but oh my how far you can come in half a year or so.

I was looking for a topic to say this actually, thanks!
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    edited February 2017
    You can't convince people that have already convinced themselves that something is good or bad. They are set in their ways. It's their loss if they never learn what we learn here.