Hey Dudes and Divas!

Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forum, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA forum - the rest of the forum is hidden from view.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

What is the best cheap usb mic for recording?

donnabrightdonnabright Posts: 104
What is the best cheap usb mic for recording? Is there anything from 100 to 200 dollars?
I have a Cad u37, which was about 80 dollars, but not sure it is so good for singing. Is great for talking though.
I also have to have a mic, that I can use head phones, because of my neighbors. I also need a mic that picks up sound, so when I play guitar, a person can hear me. So what it the best, cheap usb mic, that you would recommend? Thank you.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It looks like a mic that will get decent results on a recording. A couple of things I see that are a little bit limiting are 1. When they show someone adjusting the controls, the knobs move around, besides turning. So I don't know how well they will stand up to being adjusted over a long period of time. Looks like they're a little loose, somehow. Also, the built-in stand is nice for being seated at a desk. If you will be singing, seated at a desk, then this will be fine. If you want to stand up to sing, you'll have to find a counter or something that's the right height, because I don't know if you can mount this mic on a stand, like most microphones.

A lot of people are buying this mic, so maybe it will be fine.
  • This seems to be a decent usb mic, what do you think? I like to know before I buy it. I could afford it, to https://youtube.com/watch?v=kBbGPz40Lhg
  • donnabrightdonnabright Posts: 104
    edited February 23 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Yes, you can mount this mic, though, I usually sing sitting anyways, but if I wanted to stand and sing I could mount the mic, check out this video if you have time. Thanks for your reply. I believe I am going to buy this mic, for now. I also do a lot of recording on line using on line software, Like Audacity.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=EkQsAsSDoHE
  • @donnabright,

Blue Yeti is a nice USB Microphone. Been using one for years. I can get a -60db signal floor using this microphone. Which is just enough to keep using in for some VO applications.

Recently my voice started becoming stronger and I can no longer train with this microphone unless I am standing 5-6 feet away. It does have a gain control and many patterns.

You can get them on ebay for around 50 bucks. The headphone port is okay if you have some nice closed back headphones ear buds.