Home The Singer's Lobby

Jesse Stewart. He is shouting and I dont care!

Have a listen to him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0MoiO7qTCE

I really like the pure emotion from his voice, it captures alot of what I like in music. But it sounds he is killing himself sometimes. I dont know, its THE one artist that has captured me truly as of lately.

Another guy I like is Conor Oberst from bright eyes and his technique is just awful. Shaky voice and stuff. But his pure passion and rawness is so apealing to me.

Any thoughts on this?

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    He's tearing his voice up to entertain people. It has a lot of character, but it's painful to listen to.
  • JonasFinnLarssonJonasFinnLarsson Pro Posts: 200
    highmtn said:

He's tearing his voice up to entertain people. It has a lot of character, but it's painful to listen to.

Yes it has. And it is painful yet enjoyably in a wierd way.

My question is this: How careful should you be when singing? Like we shouldn't get discourage if we are singing throaty. And not beat ourselves up because of it. We should be more chill and dont care THAT much.

I guess what I like about Jesse Stewart is his attitude but you may pay the price later I guess.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Be as careful as needed if you want your voice to last a lifetime. If there's no tomorrow, then who needs a voice? I want my voice to last.

He's happy now because he's getting a lot of attention. When his voice is gone, his singing career will end. I don't want that for him, but I can hear what he's doing to his voice.
  • JonasFinnLarssonJonasFinnLarsson Pro Posts: 200
    highmtn said:

Be as careful as needed if you want your voice to last a lifetime. If there's no tomorrow, then who needs a voice? I want my voice to last.

He's happy now because he's getting a lot of attention. When his voice is gone, his singing career will end. I don't want that for him, but I can hear what he's doing to his voice.

This is good advice. Thank you Bob answering. I appreciate it!