Home Welcome

Dear Ken Tamplin

RavenPearlRavenPearl Pro Posts: 15
I saw this (below) you had posted but I just bought your system joined. I think It's no longer available for comment but I wanted to answer your questions:

Here's the questions and my answers:

Dudes and Divas, these questions are for everyone, whether you're enrolled in KTVA or not.

What motivates you to sing?

Drunk alcoholic abusive father that is dead now.

When and why did you decide to start singing?

I grew up with the grunge era. Nirvana, Alice in chains etc... I think offically I wanted to learn when I heard cradle of filth. Although I do not recommend that band due to the negative influence, I do respect the vocal talent involved with singing/screaming. I do not wish to be a 'screamo' band singer; I do want to SING, with accented screams and growls at moments.

Do you have something to say and you want to "shout it out?"

I'd like to give a shout out to my toaster. It has served me much with toast throughout the years.

I'm not allowed to promote any other singing program, so allow me to disrespect it. I'm SO annoyed with the arrogance, self righteous attitude of ONE particular singing coach, and is trainers, out there. The reason I gave Ken a chance was simple: He was humble in his approach. He didn't wear a fashionable hat that covered his right eye on one side, in their video. He didn't have his people that work for him make condescending videos towards individuals that are desperately attempting to sing but for whatever reason are unable to do so. Not only did they say 'if you can't imitate you can't sing' ...but the sheer arrogance behind some of the videos just made me feel completely inferior, and helpless. I spent YEARS with that product which led to almost giving up, this is my last attempt. I choose ken for his humility. His simple video production that shows it's the INFORMATION that's the real treasure not all the flashy video presentations that the other guy had. Reminds me of indiana jones with the goblets. Gold vs Clay. And I truly believe God treasures clay more and has a tremendous amounts of usage. Ken's approach is straight to the point: education...knowledge, NOT flashy singing intro's and videos. We will see if this hypothesis is accurate. I spent 1-2 hours a DAY trying to do the other guys exercises (5 days with weekend off).

What was/is the trigger to make you want to sing?

The urge to scream, yell, belt. I just feeling like I have this enormous desire to scream. And singing itself, I think is just pure emotion. This innate desire that I feel that once I get to where I want to be, will truly have ...uh..'success.'

What inhibits your singing?

Feeling like a failure (attempting to do this for almost 20 years now). Inability to 'understand' what the other coaches were trying to hear. I mean it's not the PRACTICE, or lack of it I mean. Seriously, I Practiced 5 times a week for 1-2 hours each time...And..nothing.

I want to know what motivates you to sing :-)

I have this insatiable urge to scream. I also want to sing, not compared to anyone else or sound like anyone else but find the purest and richest sound my own two-four vocal chords are able to create and create my own sound. I absolutely need to succeed in this ability, not only to enjoy what I do and make a career out of it, but ultimately, finally, and I mean FINALLY, to succeed at what I think is impossible. I feel it will ultimately make me feel like I can do anything.

Raven

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Welcome, friend. You will have "success" here and you will feel decent about your voice. Just let go of that time you spent on that other program. I wasted a few years on that one, too. You've come to the right place.

Bob
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Welcome aboard. You seem very motivated. It's time for a whole new singing experience with KTVA

Cheers,

Ben