Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

6 weeks in. Blow my voice and asking help for how to do volumes.

I do my volume 2 (35min) and start record songs for an hour. I blow my voice every time. My voice feels tight after volume 2 workout. Should I take 4-7 day break and start to do only the 35min workout lightly 5 days a week? IS IT ENOUGH? I can`t stay in tune and I have to force higher tones. Does the voice grow "headroom" to sing and hit higher notes without forcing feeling -->> Do I get the higher notes tone sound easy without tension.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    One thing that I would ask is that you follow the instructions and apply for student access to the forums. You have "Member" status here, and so you don't have access to any of the student areas. You can get all kinds of instructions there that are intended for people who are doing Ken's course. Here is the link. Please follow the instructions: http://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/discussion/6859/how-to-get-access-to-student-areas-of-the-forums#latest

We'll need to see a video of you doing the exercises to know what is up with your voice.
    A basic LAH scale is all we need at first.

Being on Volume 2 already at 6 weeks is moving pretty fast. But we need to see what you're doing to really make any assessments. You shouldn't be forcing anything.

And yes, you can get to higher notes initially with a lighter tone, and then gradually grow the notes. But this takes time.

There are tons of articles about this in the student areas.

Please follow the instructions on how to apply for student access. We'll be happy to help you get things sorted out.

Thanks.

Bob