Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

verry embaressed but i'de like some help

this is me of 3 weeks practice, i'm very nervous to sing and it shows when i try to let go.
at the end of the video i tried singing close to you by the carpenters maybe i could get some pointer or tips? should i try being more loud?

any pointer would be great, also how does weekend warrior excise segay into real singing?

https://youtu.be/KDoet8cvmB4

Comments

• MatsyMatsy Pro Posts: 168
    edited April 2017
    It was really good to hear the pitch and strength and brightness in your lah vowel improve over the three weeks. I could definitely hear the difference between the first one and the last one. It would be good to hear your other vowels as well.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    @alexanderdes,

Make sure the first note of every scale is the same note Ken is on. On some of the exercises you aren't on the right note until the last note of the scale. At other times you start out with Ken and are right on the correct notes throughout the exercises. Be sure to listen actively, and ensure you are on the right notes to begin with.

You might want to stop the scale with the pause button and make sure before you go on that you are on the right notes, then proceed.

On your song, make sure you wait for the time. You are singing lines before they have arrived in time.

You drift around in pitch on your song. When the song starts to go up, you drop down in pitch and lose your place. You can either go up into head voice for the high parts, or you may need to get a lower version of the music tracks so that you can keep it all in chest voice.

Getting scales or lines of a song to work right requires making sure the first note is right. It's hard to recover if you get tripped-up on the very beginning.

Don't be afraid or ashamed. We all have to work through these things in order to get a hold on our voice. We all start somewhere. We find our place, and little-by-little, as step at a time, learn one thing and then another, and start putting the pieces together.

Learning to get the scales right from start to finish will help you to later get songs right from start to finish. The scales teach us to maneuver our voice past those places that get higher, where we don't know what to do. It teaches us what to do. So start with the simple things. Make small improvements, and move ahead one step at a time.

Some of your scales, where you were on-track and listening well, were quite good. Parts of your song were good. Your voice has a nice sound. You just need to learn more about control and how to operate your voice. You'll get there.

Bob
  • alexanderdesalexanderdes Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 10
    ok thank you ill keep at it, i want to give up but i'll persevere
  • alexanderdesalexanderdes Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 10
    edited July 2017