Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Song Instead Of A Kiss

This was my second recording that I did about 8 months before I did the Uninvited cover. It is an Allanah Myles ballad that she did in 1992, a really beautiful song. I thought the instrumentation seemed a bit dated and pretty over the top for 2015. I just wanted that part to be simplified. I heard just one violin in my head and I happened to know an incredible violinist! I wanted the violin to be more of a single feature & so he took it from there! I love the result.

Comments

• MatsyMatsy Posts: 126Pro
    :love: wow... I really enjoyed that. I can't wait to hear what happens with your voice as you continue working with Ken's course! Keep 'em coming.

ほんとうにきれいですね!
  • highmtnhighmtn Posts: 11,304Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    Nice. You should talk your violinist friend into forming your jazz band with you. Kind of a Kansas goes Jazz type of thing.
  • CherieCherie Posts: 94Pro
    I felt it was a coup for me being fortunate enough for him to do those 2 recordings with me! He has his own band and plays all over the place. Around town, a very well respected musician. I was really happy with what he did on my recordings but it is just a snippet of what he does as a solo violinist. His name is Patrick Contreras Violin on Fire. His playing is really incredible. I knew that if people in my local music community saw he was willing to record with me that would help me be looked at differently. I would have sung Happy Birthday, anything really!!! I think it helped me. I guess sometimes there are politics in local music scenes too! If I ever got a chance to sing a song in his band or anything, anywhere, I would jump so fast!! But.....working as hard as I can with this program might actually put me in much better position at some point! That's my goal. I usually don't like time to move too fast but with this, I can't wait for this next year to fly by!