Home Ken Tamplin's Corner

I'm not really sure if this is the right place..

I've done the volume one for few months now and it has helped me a lot!!! So thank you for that :) I've taken singing lessons before but without success. The teachers didn't know how to help me, they just told me to use more breath and sing louder. So I stopped going and then I found this and I was so so happy because I noticed a clear difference in my voice in couple of weeks of practice. So much improvement but now I don't know if I'm stuck or do I just need more time or should I move on to volume 2. So my problem is this, I feel like my breath is flowing more easily but with long sentences, how do I get more air? I notice that I start pulling my neck up trying to get the sentence finished. My second problem is the low notes, is it normal that I can't get to those, even after months of practise? My voice always goes to vocal fry when I start to go low, is that ok or should I stop when my voice starts to fry? And the high notes oh my god where to start, is there anyway to practise letting go of tension in the whole body while singing? I notice that everytime I start to go higher I feel like my throat closes up, my tongue goes up too, and my chest goes tight and the thoughts in my head are "oh my god my neighbours will hear me" or "someone will complaint about me" or "people will think I'm just yelling" so eventually it will sound like yelling because everything goes tight. Do you think it's just lack of practise or the fears in my mind causing this? Also do I need to know notes if I really want to be a singer? Sorry for such a long post I just hit a wall :(

Comments