Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

My Second Song

ikingiking Posts: 90Pro
Hey guys,

Just finished a second demo to post. { Z cover }

thanks

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • highmtnhighmtn Posts: 10,659Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    Are you meaning to do your own melody on this? What you're singing is varied from the melodies Robert Plant sang.
  • ikingiking Posts: 90Pro
    edited June 22 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Yes I rearranged it. Did you find it too jarring?

-- after cutting out the whole end section: " Oh Rosie", { Which I didn't want
    to include} one realizes there aren't many lyrics left. Hence me adding new lyrics and melody.

I also did my own solo, rather than clone the original. Do you subscribe to
    the theory, that a cover should strive to follow the original exactly?

There's some excellent clone, cover bands out there: Bootleg Beatles, etc. But I wouldn't want to play in one.

On the technical side, I'm happy with the key I chose. And per your suggestion, I eliminated any overly heavy echo.

Did you have any changes to suggest?

I want to edit one section - I don't like one line I sang ,.

What about the drumming? I really gave my vst virtual drummer a workout - lol.

thanks

• highmtnhighmtn Posts: 10,659Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    No, I don't think that covers have to be exact copies. That's why I asked about the melody. I hear different melody lines, and if you were trying to copy the original, I would tell you that you're singing some different notes. If you know that and it was intentional, then there's no reason to say that.

Sometimes I spell out what notes someone needs to sing in order to sing the exact melody, if they think they are singing the original but they aren't.

I kind of liked some of the different things you were doing with both the vocals and with the instrumentals. I'm a drummer, so I was a little overcritical of the pauses where rest of the band stopped but the drummer kept on going. ;-)
  • cool Bob,

thanks.