Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Allergies killing my high notes!

I didn't even notice they were bad, cause I can breath through my nose ok. But apparently its like deep sinus or something.

High notes - most notes- sound like their muffled in cotton!!!

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Posts: 11,518Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    Allergies are getting to me this year. I normally don't like taking anything like decongestants, at all. This year, I'm taking a 24-hour zyrtec every morning until the grass seed season ends. I still have irritations, but I hate to think how much I would be sneezing if I wasn't taking anything. This stuff really gets the vocal tract/respiratory tract in a state of chaos.
  • ikingiking Posts: 90Pro
    Thanks Bob. Sounds like your going for the heavy guns. Did it clear your problem
    to your satisfaction? I might have to try it. But, I'm worried about side effects - and first choice, would go holistic. I just re-watched Ken's you tube video on vocal health. Lots of good info, but don't believe he mentions allergies at all. Maybe he's blessed not to have them? With global warming hitting fast: I believe grasses, pollen, smog, chemicals, and resulting allergies-are only going to get worse.
  • highmtnhighmtn Posts: 11,518Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    No, it doesn't make all of the problems go away, but it does make them less of a drag. There is no drowsiness from allertec, but it does dry you out a little bit, so you have to drink a lot of water.