Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Me doing Queen

JeffDenmarkJeffDenmark Posts: 178Pro

df

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • highmtnhighmtn Posts: 11,079Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    That's on a Bb. One of Freddie's famous high notes.
    Work on singing AH at Bb. You're blasting a little bit and burning up on the launch pad. Pare it down. Modify. Speh - dah- vlah! Don't sustain on on the D of speeD or the V of "oV" on the word "of" Those consonants need to almost not be there.

The AH of "of'' needs to be modified to aw or oo at a Bb4 or B when it bends up.

Make those higher notes smaller, a little more closed (modded) while the throat itself and jaw remain open.

Most of this is pretty good. Avoid oversinging.
  • Sounding good, dude!
  • Hi Ktva.
    @highmtn

So ive heard a
    Anthony Vincent sing this song right...and when he goes "at the speed of LIGHT", on light he opens up very powerfully...but im not....im able to do it powerfully in a scale...but when i do it in a song it wears me out so quickly that it puts a "roof" on my voice and im then not able to sing high phrases...

What Can i do to sing more powerfully without the risk of the roof??

Thanks
  • After listening to it again, it seems to me that the parts where you mess up are the faster parts. You're simply running a bit out of air at the end of those phrases, and the performance suffers. If you could work through it and find out where to breathe, that would really polish it up.

A small other thing is the line "I feel alive." Even if you're on key, it's really easy to make "alive" sound comical if it's not subtle enough. Freddie is just doing it enough to where no one would think twice of it.

Though it is a little unfair to you that you're just singing in a room and he's behind thousands of dollars of equipment and is able to comp his performance as much as he wants. I still like your video; I'm just offering this up in case you wanted something more helpful than "sounds good."