Home Off Topic

Singing live

AltariqAltariq Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 42
I have reached a fairly advanced level of singing now after working on singing for a few years now. For some reason when it comes to singing live I can't sing as good though. I sing karaoke on the weekends and the environment is extremely loud. Under those loud conditions I find it much harder to sing harder songs high belting songs seem more out of reach, the lower range stuff is fine though. I usually end up straining my voice to reach higher notes or even harder stuff in the depths of my range. It seems like its harder to sing louder when its extemely loud. As soon as I leave the room I can pretty much sing anything though. Its almost like its harder to find my placement in such a loud place. Perhaps my technique is wavering under such conditions. Have you experienced something similar to this and what is the solution?

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    It is possible that where you are singing karaoke that they have a compressor or limiter on the mic. The louder you sing, them more the limiter automatically turns down the mic. Singing into a system like that can make you go hoarse trying to be heard.