Home SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
Options

Singing over the song

Hi everybody,

I have a question for those singer much more expert than me out there.
When I practice songs that I am learning (or just reviewing them) I might use the karaoke track or sometimes I use the real song and I sing over with the singer.
I really feel a good sensation singing with the real singer but I am wondering If is it correct for pitch, tone and other stuff.
Do you believe is a good approach or I should rely only on me and not use the singer voice to help me out?
Thanks,
Claudio

Comments

• Options
    Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    I think it is important when learning the nuances of a song to sing with, and listen closely to the original recording. However when singing it at karaoke or whatever, do it with only backup vocals playing. That way its all you.
  • Options
    HumanRobotHumanRobot Member Posts: 246
    Claude77 said:

Hi everybody,

I have a question for those singer much more expert than me out there.
    When I practice songs that I am learning (or just reviewing them) I might use the karaoke track or sometimes I use the real song and I sing over with the singer.
    I really feel a good sensation singing with the real singer but I am wondering If is it correct for pitch, tone and other stuff.
    Do you believe is a good approach or I should rely only on me and not use the singer voice to help me out?
    Thanks,
    Claudio

Hi

I don't think it really matters. Whatever helps you and you feel comfortable doing.

Human Robot x
  • Options
    DogMeatDogMeat 2.0 PRO Posts: 437
  • Options
    sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    Sing with the song work on learning the song. You will always sound better with the original recording. Then go back and work on it with a track that doesn’t have vox or a leader and record it and listen to how you really sound and work on it from there