Home Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS

Psyched!!!

dezdez Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2
Hi Everyone!

Unbelievable!

It's been 3 days since I started the course and I can sing things I couldn't sing right before! I've had some vocal training (but that was ages ago). What broke it wide open for me was getting that tongue out of the way of my vocal cords. I NEVER KNEW THAT!!!!

THANK YOU KEN!

I've been away from music for about 25 years and I feel like I've been in a time warp. When I was doing music, I had a Tascam 4-track analog recorder! Now, there are DAWs and the ability to put together songs in the box is stunning.

That brings me to why I am learning from Ken.

I composed a tune in Logic Pro X and went to sing it, and my voice was horrible. I decided to see what I could find out via YouTube and came across KTVA. Wha?! No way!?! For real?!? ...and then it turns out a distant friend, but close friend of one of my close friends, was on the sales page as a testimonial! (I'm talking about Sage). 'nuff said. I had to buy it (my friend confirmed Sage's endorsement), and no regrets... such a pleasure to sing.... such a pleasure.

I can't believe it's only day 3... I can't believe it.... okay, I believe it because I hear it... I'm psyched!
-Randall

PS. Did I mention I'm psyched and Thank you Mr. Tamplin!

PPS. Total psyched! (I think I mentioned that)

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Remain psyched. Your friend knows Sage, and Sage has been doing Ken's program for years. So have I.

That's one of the great things about Ken's methods. They just keep on growing your voice FOR YEARS! Those instant improvements you have found are yours forever, but there are so many more to come. And some of those only come from growth from having done these methods for a long, long time.

So, yeah... Welcome to the new you, where you get to know that you're a singer, and one who is getting better, and is going to eventually get Really Good if you stick with it!

Be psyched! And enjoy the journey!

Bob
  • dezdez Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2
    Thanks Bob.

Just a small update the 5 days since my first post. I'm a tenor and after the tongue getting out of the way, there have been other insights that Ken has shared through the course that have help. My poor family has to endure my practicing, but at the same time, they've seen an improvement in just this short time and I was actually able to sing some songs in what was my higher range in a very natural way with no strain. (I also practice a lot and don't allow myself to strain - and if I catch myself I adjust or put that off for another day - I have a saying "You get there fast by going slow!"). I have to deliberately hold back on some exercises because I want to push forward, but I can see I need to build this muscle memory!

Ok. Just wanted to give a little more feedback.

Still psyched!
    -Randall

PS. Thanks Ken! Much respect for what and how you teach.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    That's good feedback, @dez, and you are so correct about monitoring yourself and staying below the threshold of straining. Slowing down in that way will definitely prevent setbacks, which ultimately gets you to your goals in the least amount of time overall.
  • CherieCherie Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 122
    Also Psyched! I made a big decision.

I have been following the CD/DVD course now consistently since April. I've been working on Vol 2 for a few months. I can't really say that I've had any one big, dramatic vocal miracle but, I think that, very slowly, I have been building tiny, little bits of improvements one by one along the way . I hope, over time, it will really begin to show.

So, being the impatient and the completely enthusiastic person that I am.....I decided that, in addition to working on my own with these exercises as well as participating and gathering all the great advice from Bob and the other moderators on this forum, I would scrape up every last dime I could find and commit to some Skype lessons! I want to stay on track and deal with every vocal weakness that I have. I decided that I must do everything within my power to improve and move forward.

I want to be able to sing beautifully with great skill and creativity. I want to be an artist with my voice. I want to tell human stories and communicate real emotions through music. It's my goal which is also my dream. (which is also basically impossible at my stage in life) At the very least, it's a huge undertaking that is way, way up there still and littered all the way with obstacles but I have enough optimism, will power and hope to get me through.

I'm really excited about the coming months. I'll work really hard for this. I hope wonderful changes are ahead. :)<3
    I'm psyched to read this thread!
  • karinekarine Enrolled, 2.0 PRO Posts: 38
    I am with you !!!
    Can t really say my singing is good yet but i can hear improvments at least in practise. My voice used to break and time, it doesn t anymore and i can go one scale higher than when i started.
    I stay on volume 1 for now, i want to take time !
  • ovenwolvovenwolv Enrolled Posts: 38
    I went ahead and sprang for the course...I'm psyched now too!
  • MikssaMikssa Member Posts: 3
    Please keep on practice, do what you want.
  • olskoololskool Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 68
    I've been psyched with KTVA for three years.
    You are now officially in good hands.
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    I'm psyched at everyone else's level of psyched-ness :smiley:
    The journey never ends, it just gets more refined as we go!
  • MagusMagus Pro Posts: 28
    Great to see that you're enjoying the program! You've got a good saying, it's the healthy way to sing.
    I've been staying on volume 1 since I got it about 3 weeks ago. I really want to get comfortable with all the vocal exercises before I move on. Need to build a solid foundation :smile:
  • I'm officially addicted to this course, and singing. Everyday I notice an improvement which gets me even more excited. Into my fourth month on volume one, and I think that's where I'll stay for another month or so. As Magus mentioned, I want to have a solid foundation to work off of.

Peace, Tony
  • rickyogimarickyogima 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 69
    I sprang for the course because I need a teacher with clear and easy to follow teaching style or I'm lost, lol. The biggest lesson I've learned about life is to do and take things one day at a time. What can I do today? Reading your comments keeps me on the ups and provides some momentum to push through the day: Thanks.
  • olskoololskool Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 68
    @rickyogima yep day to day is what it takes. You are in good hands my friend.
  • AlyonaAlyona Member, Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 288
    That's so good to hear. I totally understand. Sometimes it's just a theory misunderstanding that holds you back and after you learn it - bam!
    that works right away