Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Hello Everyone

jhuddjhudd Posts: 1Member
edited September 20 in INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Hi Everyone,

My name is John I'm an absolute beginner to singing and I'm 21. I can play guitar, and I would really love to have a decent voice so that I can sing while I'm playing guitar. I've never committed to trying to develop my voice, but I feel like I want to now.

I really struggle with the very basics. I've watched so many youtube videos on singing for beginners, but they all seem to advanced. Actually I think my speaking voice is really bad too. It's almost as if I don't produce sound correctly, even for speaking. And whatever this alternate way of speaking I use, it just doesn't allow for singing. I tried using Kevin's "ah" open throat exercise that he teaches in his youtube videos, but even when it looks like my throat is completely open, I dont have a ping and my voice is breathy and muffled. It seems I'm incapable of producing a clear tone. And when I try to sing with my mouth open, it just doesnt happen. Actually it seems I can only sing or speak when my throat and mouth is really closed. I hope that makes sense. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Posts: 11,665Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    edited September 21
    You need to get the program and follow the instructions. You can then post video of yourself applying those instructions and get help/correction. This program works. You need more than free videos. You need the program.