Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hi, aspiring classic/power/thrash metal singer from AUS

Macka83Macka83 Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 4
Hi, thanks for welcoming me to the forum and program.

About Me
I'm a 34 year old bloke from Australia. I unfortunately work too much so I want to reduce that a bit and focus more on music.

Initial Musical Goals
I'm primarily a guitarist and over the last year and a half have been working on a metal album (a mix of classic, power and thrash metal) at home. I couldn't find a vocalist at the time I got closer to finish the music, so I had a go at trying to sing demo vocals over the top until I found a singer.

Singing Goals
So I decided to get some singing lessons so I could demo the vocals and convey my vision of the songs to a singer, when I found one. My first in person lessons went well and I apparently had good pitch. As I still haven't been able to find a singer in my area that I thought 'fit' I've kept going with the in person lessons, and while I'm getting slowly better I don't like the 'style' of my vocals at the moment. I'm also impatient and just want to get my album done :)

So I've signed up to the course, and joined this forum, to give myself some further work between lessons and speed up the process.

Ultimately, my desired style is a mix of Rob Halford (Judas Priest), Chuck Billy (Testament), Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden) and James Hetfield (Metallica).

I'm exited to see if this course can get me there- due to start the Pro pack tomorrow :)

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Awesome. This course will help you a lot. It is not that good of an idea to mix programs and courses, however, because there may be conflicts and contradictions. Ken prefers that if you want to learn his methods that you don't dilute it with ideas from other sources.
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    You have come to the right place i would say. It's incredible what this program is doing for my singing. The forum has played a very important role for me in the process, therefore i encourage you to visit!

Welcome!

All the best,

Ben