Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Vitor Ribeiro, from Brazil

Vitor Ribeiro, from Minas Gerais, Brazil. I'm 21 years old, and music is one of the only certainties I have about life.
I apologize for my English, for most of the things I use a translator. I will need your patience. lol

I love singing and I'm very happy to be a part of the KTVA forum. I try to work my voice on a daily basis, it's difficult because I do not have any good vocal coaches where I live, which makes me have to go a long way with the "trial and error" method. Since I really want to improve my singing, sometimes I get anxious and exaggerated in the load of training, sometimes I feel that I hurt my voice. But I have to say that I have achieved a lot of evolution over the years, considering that I am a baritone and I managed, through some techniques like diaphragmatic support and mix voice, to achieve high notes, just like Ken :)

I am currently experiencing this chronic throat problem, in the last notes of my chest record E4 - F4 and F # 4. I hope I can show you this problem through a video and also show you a bit of singing so that you can share some of the knowledge that you have acquired with me. You are very generous to do this.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Posts: 11,665Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    Let's just hear the problem in a Lah scale like the ones in Ken's YouTube Videos. Go through the problem range of E, F and F#4 within that video.
  • RibeiroVitorBRRibeiroVitorBR Posts: 2Member
    highmtn said:

Let's just hear the problem in a Lah scale like the ones in Ken's YouTube Videos. Go through the problem range of E, F and F#4 within that video.

I was just doing this exercise today. It's really very good! The biggest problem I was having in those notes was mucus. In higher notes, I could reach because it was a mix voice, but in those last notes of the chest record, the mucus was very strong.
    What I did was give me two days of vocal rest, moisturizing my throat and putting the mucus out. Today I felt an improvement.
    This time I will try not to abuse my voice, go step by step, and keep it hydrated. I should post something on the demo post soon. Thank you for your support!