Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Hi!

Kevins2017Kevins2017 Posts: 14Pro
edited October 3 in INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Hi!

I am new student of KTVA. :smiley:

I am 25 years old located in the north border in Canada and I'm classified as a baritone according to my vocal range. I have been singing for a few months, starting in May of this year. I have been taking private singing lessons. I felt that it wasn't working out too well and will have my last lesson this week. I do appreciate the lessons but I wasn't learning much. I did most of my learning reading online and watching videos, especially Ken Tamplin's videos. I bought the Weekend Warrior pack 3 weeks ago but decided to upgrade to the full course + Propack. The price is steep but it's a lifetime worth of instructions and I can watch the videos anytime and anywhere. I can still watch the videos 20 years down the road!

I think it's good to be a baritone because I can hit the low and the high notes.

I don't want to provide too much information, hoping to keep this short but I'll give a bit of details.

I did quite a bit of practice singing before enrolling in KTVA and improved by voice quite a bit and was able to get my vocal range from G2 to (In the beginning I can only go to maybe a B4, but extended to the full baritone range at G4 roughly later on.) C5. I can eek out a D5 and E5 but take some effort. Though, I don't think I'm doing it properly since I'm straining to get my voice up there. I hope this course can help me get the proper technique.

I hope to understand the proper techniques throughout this course and to grow my voice at the same time. I am not a professional singer or part of any band, just for my own hobby and also I sing in church. I did post one video of me singing on my youtube channel. If someone discover me later on, that would be cool. I also hope to have the support in the forum for questions that I have, especially on vocal health. I'll post my issues in another section.

Also, I have watched a lot of other youtube vocal instructors and I do believe that Ken is the better instructor out there. I thought I needed a full course, step-by-step, and not just watch a few videos on different singing, head voice, chest voice, etc. And somethings they don't provide all the information like about the voice breaking down. I hope to understand this well. Their vocal exercises do do similar things but a lot of them are strange and don't really explain well. Ken's method of the vowels are like he said, it's practical and you do use it in singing. I have saw a few conflicts among the coaches as well, but I don't think I should discuss that here but Ken makes the most sense out of everyone.

Sorry for the long post but I hope this is a great place to stick around!

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Posts: 11,665Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    Welcome, Kevins2017. You're going to like what's about to happen to your voice!

Bob
  • videoacevideoace Posts: 275Pro
    Welcome to the forum. I'm also a student here.
    The people here are very friendly, and will assist you any way they can when you have questions/concerns. This course is the real deal. I researched a lot of different courses for 6-7 months until I found Ken's videos on youtube. I instantly thought that this is the guy I want to learn from so here I am, and I'm loving every minute of it.
    I hope you have the same positive experience that I'm having, and you get what you want from it.

Peace, Tony