Home Welcome

inquring

juniambjuniamb Member Posts: 1
How do you add songs on here for feedback on your sound

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Post them on YouTube or Soundcloud and put a link into a post here.
  • MichelleRoxMichelleRox Pro Posts: 25
    edited October 2017
    Do we start a new discussion or is there a certain category you guys want us to post feedback requests? @highmtn
  • Hi Michelle, Everything is categorized so you have an easier time finding information on any given topic/level of singing.

Peace, Tony
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    @juniamb and @MichelleRox

You can go to the area in this link for posting with newbie demos. http://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/categories/newbies-demo-area This area is designated for no bashing allowed. It's a safe haven for soft feedback.

There is also a demos area for the bold. You might get a little harsher criticisms there. Still no bashing allowed. http://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/categories/vocal-demonstrations

There are also students-only areas where we talk a little more in detail about some of Ken's methods from the course. But everybody is welcome to show where they're at, and get some real info on what they might need to concentrate more on. A lot of value comes from demos of the actual KTVA exercises. They strip away all of the moving parts from songs and allow us to examine the vowels, the tone, the pitch, the support, etc, in more of a laboratory-like environment.
  • MichelleRoxMichelleRox Pro Posts: 25
    @highmtn sounds great, thank you!
  • saintveronicasaintveronica Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 14
    I have a recording I did and downloaded SoundCloud. I am not tech savvy. What steps do I take from here to get it in the newbie section? I have read all the above comments and played around with the site and still can't get it.
    Once you get the audio file loaded up in soundcloud, you go to the page on soundcloud where you can play your audio. Play the audio to make sure you're on the right page. Then copy and paste the URL (internet address) of the soundcloud file.

With that address copied to your "clipboard" you start a new thread here in the Vocal Demonstrations for Newbies area. You PASTE into your message the URL that you copied at Soundcloud. When you save your posting, that address becomes a LINK to your soundcloud file. We can then click your link and hear your file.

Once you make it through all of this and get it to work, you'll know that it isn't that hard to do. The first time can be a little confusing, but once you get it all worked-out, you'll be all set.
    I have it on SoundCloud and saved it to clipboard. Now I can't find where clipboard is. I don't see a URL in SoundCloud. I have no problem finding it on SoundCloud when I exit and go back. Type in a and Veronica comes up. I have it labeled beginners exercises. Where is the URL found on the SoundCloud?
    I tried to put a better explanation with a picture here, but the icon for attaching a file isn't available for some reason. So here: Click on this link and go to the message I wrote with a screen shot to help you "get the picture" http://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/discussion/8263/posting-a-soundcloud-url-link/p1?new=1
    Couldn't still figure it out with your nicely detailed instructions. Tried doing video in YouTube and think I had success. Don't know how to create a thread though. Can you help me with that? Also, do you know where paste button is on a tablet?
    I'm not familiar enough to give you info on how to find paste on a tablet, but somebody here must know.
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    @saintveronica : What kind of tablet are you using? I am in IT, so I should be able to help you with this :smile:
    Thanks to all who tried to help me with SoundCloud. Didn't work in SoundCloud, but with the help of Verizon I figured out how to do all this in YouTube. I have my own discussion board in the newbie area. I accidentally double sent the same message here. Both my demos here can be removed highmtn. Thanks.
  • ScottCScottC Member, STREAMING PRO Posts: 1
    edited December 2017
    Started last week and have a question. For volume 1 exercises in the videos, sometimes Ken starts the scale at a Bflat and others seems like a C. Can you tell me, where the excercises start and stop on the scale? If he’s playing guitar, what notes are they on the piano?