Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Feedback please, audition video

Still working on America's Got Talent... this is for a video to hopefully get me bumped up at the live auditions. Any suggestions or feedback is appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z95FMKA5oh4&feature=youtu.be

Comments

• Hi, you're a pretty good singer so I'm going to pose a few questions about getting your front of the line pass.
    Does it grab their attention in the first 20-30 seconds?
    Out of the thousands of audition tapes, what makes yours stand out?
    Are they going to say "he was ok", or "we have to have him on our show"?

It's a national competition, and a lot of people will be either sending in tapes, or auditioning in person so its got to be something over the top.
    Just some things to consider.

Peace, Tony
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    I would modify the melody a little bit. Maybe end "Mercies I sing" at 0:45 to an F4 on "Sing" just to give them a hint of what to expect later.
    It may be hard to do a traditional gospel number in the midst of sexy costumes, rockers, poppers, and who knows what.
  • singing_veteransinging_veteran Member Posts: 11
    One of the things that echoes to me most is "be different". I bet they won't see many people singing my choices. I struggle with how different should I be and still be relevant. I sing a lot of Josh Groban type stuff. For a live audition I'm considering Bring Him Home, To Where You Are or Believe from Polar Express. Are those songs the people "judging" will know? Are they impressive, sure, but is that enough? But I do know what you mean about the "flashy" type people.