Home Off Topic
Options

Does weightlifting/bodybuilding impact the voice in anyway?

AliAli Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 67
I thought of this earlier today, if you were to build muscle. Will it have an impact on your voice, like maybe make it deeper or something like that. And is there any negative consequences when it comes to singing for building muscle. Personally I haven't seen many singers that are very muscular and have a good singing voice. If they are muscular, it is usually lean muscle and not big in size. If anyone has any insights on this please let me know I'm interested on what you have to say.

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    It's not that big of a deal. It's nice to be in shape, but there are some very good singers that are either skinny or large, or in-between. If you have 6-pack abs, sometimes it's hard to relax enough to push out the belly and keep from getting bound up. But if you can relax when you need to, it's all good. Running or other cardio can help with breath endurance.

If you learn and perform your vocal techniques correctly, you will know to relax the chest, neck, and throat. As long as you can keep that in check, you should be fine.