Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Greetings from France !

Hello guys !

I'm Tim, a 22y.o drummer from France. I love to sing, but I never had the balls to do it in a band and, of course, in front of strangers.

Recently some friends told me that they wanted to make a Bon Jovi tribute band, so I decided to move away from my drumkit to go in the front of the stage. After one day of researches, I discovered the KTVA Program so I decided to give it a try, bought the pro pack and started to watch the videos. After only a week of Volume 1 Audio Workouts my voice already started to grow up, I've never been that satisfied, and I'm more confident now because I know I'm progressing.

Love this course, love this forum who already helped me.

GUYS, YOU ALL ROCK AND I ALREADY LOVE YOU ALL

Tim

PS : I sent an audio recording to one of my friends and he said I had a great voice, but idk I don't like to hear myself, is that normal ?

Comments

• AliAli Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 67
    Welcome! Hope you improve a lot!
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Hi @TimSaberianni !

Welcome to the forum! It's always here if you need any help with the course or your singing etc.

As for hearing your own voice, i think we all think it's weird to hear our own voice for the first few times. But you will get used to it in time. Record some of your exercises and singing now and then, and listen back. It's not only a good way to get used to it, but it's a really great way to identify if you are doing something right or wrong, your pitch etc.

You will get used to the sound of your voice in time. Meanwhile, just keep on rocking KTVA!

All the best,

Ben
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    @TimSaberianni, This is a absolutely fantastic course and an amazing forum, with a huge collective of information and helpful people! Kudos to you for moving out from behind the kit and into the limelight! Maybe someday I won't be doing double-duty as the sole guitarist and lead singer?? My hope is to one day be a good enough singer to put the guitar down so I can fully focus on vocals.

Its always a cool thing to take a baseline recording of your voice and to compare to it as you progress.
    As a frontman, its a great idea to not only record your rehearsals, but to film them as well. This helps to give you brutally accurate feedback as to what's going on vocally and performance-wise as well.

Rock on brother!
  • javiercvjaviercv Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 29
    Welcome Tim!!!! Hope you grow your voice to the roof! And more if you want to!!!