Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Finally Off Anti Depressants: it's Late in Life but I got all the time to Learn 2 Sing

rickyogimarickyogima Posts: 50Member
edited December 2017 in INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Hello yall :) :) ,

Newbie here, got the course and really want to be able to sing the songs I write. I really don't care about popularity and all that. What I want is to be able to sing out the songs that I hear when I listen to an instrumental track. Before I went on Anti-Depressants several years ago, I found out I could make songs by watching all the Youtube help videos. I loved making songs using Cubase 7.5, an instrumental track, a mic and Waves Audio Plugins. I also spent a lot of time playing guitar but I was still struggling to play a few chords after 6 months of daily playing and moved on: I might go back to it but don't have the time.

I was making a song once a month for a few years until I started the medication: then it all stopped. I finally got off the meds and now I want to be able to make songs so I have two goals. 1) to sing well to some degree so I can sing out what I hear. 2) to learn mixing skills so I can produce songs using Cubase

I am not looking to go PRO here. So I am hoping to spend the next 3 months just on a the basic singing foundation as I learn mixing skills on the side. Eventually I will have to figure out how to build a sound booth because the walls here in this apartment are thin.

I am hoping to make other friends and learn from their progress and experiences.

Comments

• stratmanstratman Posts: 301Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO
    @rickyogima welcome. I wish you all the best with your endeavors. I made a sound booth due to my teenage son playing drums. In my case it turned into building a room inside a room. I built a free standing room with a ton of insulation and special acoustic sealant. Well worth it. Inside our house, you can hardly notice him playing :)