Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

my cover of Show me how to live by audioslave

ashfittisashfittis Posts: 78Member, STREAMING Volume 1
https://youtube.com/watch?v=NPhT97uKx5w

I wasn't sure of the lyrics but I think I did the chorus ok I knew it

Comments

• ashfittisashfittis Posts: 78Member, STREAMING Volume 1
    the only thing is before I got this sound I pushed my vocals to the lowest octave I could go and strained my voice I'm scared of losing it now I don't always warm up either
    and I cant really hit high notes I used to have a soft sweet high singing voice off key all the time of course still sorta am but whatever I know its deffo not sweet and soft now I hated it for being so soft high and sweet so I changed it
  • vedeviatorsumvedeviatorsum Posts: 12Pro, 2.0 PRO
    edited December 2017
    GABBA GABBA HEY!

Just watched your Youtube Video Cover thanks for putting the link out.

Sorry, I can't really tell you much of anything because of the audio quality of your video I watched the official video for that song right after yours and I could hear some similarities but your audio was bad enough that I couldn't even tell if you were singing the cover "Clean" or with an FX Box. It might just be my ear though...

Michael Kelly

P.S. From what I could hear of your voice I'd love to hear you try something by Lzzy Hale of HaleStorm
    Thanks I know one song of halestorm but not off by heart I’d have to listen to it and cover a song for u
  • vedeviatorsumvedeviatorsum Posts: 12Pro, 2.0 PRO
    @ashfittis just search youtube for "Halestorm Karaoke with lyrics" find the right versions for you (backingtrack, with vocals, official video, etc) and use free software like "YTD Video Downloader" to save them onto your computer and convert them for whatever device you use.

I usually meed at least the instrumental as a reference to track the key changes. I can't afford a good headset to listen to the guide track of the original, so I use earbuds either coming out of the TV, Amp, Mixer or Vocal FX box (problem is the cord is too short).

The advantage of using the instrumental version is (especially if you have the sheet music for the vocals (you can often find them to download free on the net) is that almost no (not even 1950's Elvis Presley) one sings clean (without vocal effects) so you can get distracted trying to reproduce the effects the singer is using.

I've been thinking of doing a cover if "Blue on Black" https://youtube.com/watch?v=SWKb861wlAI mostly because I love playing it on Bass but also because I feel like I can handle the vocals (my vocal range is about the same as my Bass (E2-G3) right now....
    I wanna cover halestorm I am the fire and I use smule but when I covered audioslave I didn't put my head phones on so that's why the equality was so bad
  • blondiewalesblondiewales Posts: 208Pro
    edited December 2017
    Hey. So. You have a pretty cool voice and some talent. Smule and its features are great and I've played with it, but remember that barebones recordings of your voice are usually the most honest and quickest way to improve. When learning songs, keep a close ear on your pitch and tempo. If you can't quite get the pitch at first, try getting a feel for the timing first so you know where to sing. Keep it up!
    thank you blondiewales!