Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Bruce Dickinson Tears of the dragon

Hello

What do you think of my vocal cover on this song?

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0diLq6un01W

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Posts: 12,856Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    Nice tone, but you are singing flat in a lot of places. And the vibrato is just too heavy.
  • Simpan27Simpan27 Posts: 142Member
    Ok thats it i quit singing and i delete my accout here. I shall just stick to being a nobody.
  • videoacevideoace Posts: 891Pro, 2.0 PRO
    No need to give up. Just find something more suitable for your voice.
    When I first heard your voice I instantly thought of Billy Thorpe, and his cd Children of The Sun.
    Check him out, and there are a lot of other singers in your style also.

Peace, Tony
  • videoacevideoace Posts: 891Pro, 2.0 PRO
    Try this out. I think this is more you brother.

Peace, Tony

• bentkbentk Posts: 791Pro, 2.0 PRO
    @Simpan27

Like Tony said, there is no need to give up at all.
    I was terrible at singing at first, so much worse than i even thought myself. My pitch wasn't right, and my technique was too forced. The technique i used wasn't good at all. For months and months in KTVA, my singing was still awful. However, when i was doing volume 2 for a while and asked so many questions in the forum, things started to go towards the right direction. I still had some ups and downs along the way to where i am now, but i am finally becoming content with my singing. There is always room to improve as well.

I'm only telling you this to illustrate that you are not alone, and that proper training can take you to places you couldn't even imagine. I highly advise you to start with the KTVA program, as i am not sure if you are right now.
    Seeing the songs you like to song, you could benefit greatly from the complete KTVA package, as it will get your voice to the best level with volume 1 to volume 5. From hearing you sing, i know that KTVA can help you get so much better.

Why not give the KTVA program a try? Stick with it for some time, and come ask questions in the forum if you are stuck. The new 2.0 program is amazing and really breaks down all the information. If you do so, you can start uploading some audio of yourself doing the Lah scale, where we can help you even further with your technique.

Look, i don't gain anything by promoting KTVA, it's not my program. However, i do know it works, and therefore love promoting it. It takes some patience, because it will not change your voice over night. But all the great skills you can achieve in life don't come easy!

All the best,

Ben
    If you want to start improving your singing, you really have to start doing the correct exercises. Here, we only do KTVA, because we know KTVA works. The proof is all over the place.

Many people here will gladly help you with your journey through KTVA.

All the best,

Ben
    How much does it cost?
    You can find all the information on the website. There is a monthly streaming version, and a version where you receive a physical copy or download to keep everything permanently.

The PRO bundle download is currently 349, instead of 800+. This bundle contains the complete KTVA package for serious singers.
    If you prefer a monthly fee and the ability to stream anytime you want (much like netflix), that will mean you never 'own' the course, but are able to watch it anytime with an internet connection and there is no need for a download.

All the best,

Ben
  • DiegoDiego Posts: 290Member
    I actually like your voice @Simpan27 , it has a very metal tone to it, you just need to work on the pitch, I feel you need a bit more breath support. You're gonna get there, as long as you continue practicing, It all depends on your wish and determination to keep aiming higher and higher.

-Diego
  • MattoMatto Posts: 13Member
    Yeah, I agree with Diego - you're very nearly there to doing a pretty good Dickinson.