Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Not sure what's going on

Hopefully somebody can help me with something thats going on with my voice right now.
I'm posting an audio example, but its not the Lah scale because this doesnt happen when I do my scales.
It feel like my cords are getting stuck?
In the example you will hear it happen at 0:51, and 1:07
Hopefully somebody will know what this is and why its happening.

Peace, Tony

https://youtu.be/64jBu9BcSU8

Comments

• Took care of the problem. Out of frustration I just changed the lyrics, and it must have meant to be because when I recorded the new lyrics, and listened back to them, it sounded so much better.

I would still like to know what it was, but I'm really happy it happened.

Peace, Tony
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    edited December 2017
    Sounds like a bridge hitch/yodel at B3 which is right next door to C4 where my first passagio is.
    i.e. where your 1st stage rocket (chest voice) drops and the second stage rocket (mixed voice) kicks in . Mine will do that too if I don't pay close attention to support.
    Typically this can be negotiated with stronger diaphragmatic support, and/or reduced airflow.

Sounds nice man, can't wait to hear to finished product!

Phillip
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Do you have any congestion issues now? It just sounds like a momentary stop in the voice, where the cords have to phonate, but they don't for a moment.
  • @Furious_Phil it doesnt feel like a speedbumb/passagio, it is more of a sticking sensation as if my cords hesitate to release if that makes sense.

@highmtn I do have congestion issues when the humidity is too high which it has been lately. It's been steady around the 70% range

Peace, Tony
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    Good call Bob! I guess it was way too subtle for the speedbump.