Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Def Leppard, "Guilty" karaoke... sort of :)

There's no karaoke track to this, so I just mixed my voice up to the front... But Joe Elliot is still there in the background, making it obvious whenever I get pitchy :smile:

Aside from feedback about my voice - I've been working hard @highmtn and @streeter ! - I'd love to hear ya'll's take on Joe Elliot's voice. He's one of my favorites, and he must be doing SOMETHING right to still be singing as well as he does after 30 years, but nonetheless... sometimes it just HURTS listening to him when he's in full on rock mode :neutral:

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Kai, you've got the sound down. Your pitch is flat in many places, mostly at the ends of phrases. I think you need to write these songs down, and work them one line at a time to get the melodies spot-on. Train your ear to listen acutely as you move through each note. Adjust on the fly as needed. Nice vocal tone.

What can I say about Joe Elliott? He's just a part of Rock History. An important part of Rock History.
  • KaiEllisKaiEllis Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 215
    @highmtn Thank you for the feedback! Working on it one line at a time is a great suggestion. It's so wild - and exciting! - to listen and hear how far I've come... and then realize how far there still is to go! To think, there was a time when I couldn't hear pitch at all... and now, to be merely flat in some places, as opposed to always singing in the key of Q... Thank you for your help!

Joe Elliot is one of my favorite singers - and someone I wish more than ever would enroll in KTVA :lol:
  • KaiEllisKaiEllis Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 215
    @blondiewales Yes, I have upgraded! From my cell phone... to actual equipment! :lol: Some of it is probably just being confused about where the note is supposed to be in the first place. I don't have the best ear, and even though I've got a great app that listens for pitch, it can get confused when there's a wall of sound coming through the speakers - as is almost ALWAYS the case with Def Leppard!