Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
Options

I need some cohesion

So I think I've thoroughly explored every facet of my voice. I don't know if it has fully matured, but at the least, I can say it is in its adolescence. I've been through the first volume extensively, but have only gotten halfway through the second volume. Right now, I am having trouble distinguishing between my registers. I know what chest feels like. If I could sing in my chest voice throughout the octave above middle C4, I would be golden. But as many of you know, that is easier said than done (not impossible, I have seen and heard it done). I am nearly satisfied with my ability to sing in my chest voice though. My main dilemma is figuring out where my mixed voice ends and my head voice begins. So here is a demo of me singing the following notes: C4-Ab4-Bb4-C5-Db5-Eb5. If you hear a transition, let me know, please. Also if you hear falsetto, CALL IT OUT. Show no mercy. Every time I think I have conquered falsetto it'll try to creep back in when my guard is down.

https://soundcloud.com/ritchel-cousar-jr/forum-post-january-71-online-audio-convertercom

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358
    That's all chest voice. You are having to be pretty loud with that. Try to shave off some of the low tone and volume and you'll be in a healthier, more sustainable version of those notes, and possibly able to get another half-step or two.