Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Any DAW Suggestions for recording

PaulRPaulR Posts: 72Member, STREAMING PRO
Hello everyone, I just ordered a focus-rite interface and have been researching DAW software to work with. At the moment I have Pro Tools first. I do know that Pro Tools is the way to go, but find it way too advanced for a beginner like myself. I had just researched a software called, "Mixcraft Pro Studio" and was wondering if anyone has used it before? I have watched a few tutorials of it and it seems simple enough. If anyone can give some insight, I would highly appreciate it. I figured a simple DAW would suffice until I have become more proficient with using DAW software.

Comments

• videoacevideoace Posts: 956Pro, 2.0 PRO
    Try" Sonar", or "Cubase" those are pretty easy to operate, and also will let you get as complicated as you want which will get you familiar with how computer DAW software works. Not sure about the price. It's been a while since I've used either one.

Peace, Tony
  • PaulRPaulR Posts: 72Member, STREAMING PRO
    Will do, Thanks,,which do you use?
  • videoacevideoace Posts: 956Pro, 2.0 PRO
    I don't use computer recording anymore. I personally have a Zoom R8. It's a stand alone 8 track unit. The price was, and still is $300. It does everything I need to create my songs.
    It's also a sampler, and an interface unit you can use with your computer which is pretty cool, but using it on a computer is much more complicated for me. The unit itself is very easy to operate.
    Activate your track, set up the parimeters, hit record, and play. Done!

As far as the DAW software for the computer goes, both cubase, and sonar operate almost identical from what I can remember.
    The cool thing about computer recording for me is the VST plug ins. Some of the wind instruments sound really authentic, and cool.

Peace, Tony
  • TimburTimbur Posts: 322.0 PRO
    @PaulR I don't know if you got a DAW yet but if you have a Mac Garageband is a great place to start. It is free with a Mac and it is basic. I have GB, Logic Pro X and Studio One 3. I only use Studio One 3 now and it can be used on a Apple and Windows based computers.
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Posts: 895Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO
    Depends on your budget... I have been using Cubase, and have no real complaints... if you're tight on funds, you can try Reaper.
    PS - Most DI's come with a complimentary DAW of some sort I think??