Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Newbie and need support from you all

Hello everyone,

I am a not a professional singer. But since my childhood I have been accompanying my father in his private concerts where I used to play Tabla (Indian double drum).

When I was in college and later phases of life, I did some recordings. Mostly people liked my voice.

But now, I want to start my singing and take it to the next level.

What is the first exercise for me to start. I have gone through lot of you tube video of Ken and which gave good insight on various topics. In my day to day practice, I started to use those tips to improve my voice.

Currently, when I sing high notes, my voice starts to get crack. Here also Ken videos helped me and I am working on various techniques he has advised in his videos.

Can someone please tell me what best I can do get rid of my cracks in my voice. Also, how do I take care of my throat? I get lot of flem while singing... any medicine to help keep throat clean and all?

Would appreciate someone help me start.

Thank you all very much in advance.

And happy new year 2018 to you all :smile:

Regards,
Om

Comments

• Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Posts: 477Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO
    Have a look at this for phlegm relief.
    Try to stay away from pharmaceuticals and work on your overall health naturally.
  • highmtnhighmtn Posts: 11,952Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    To grow your voice, there is no one exercise or one or even ten things to do. It's an entire course of things you need to work on to build your voice, over a long period of time.

Are you able to start the beginner streaming or one of the KTVA owned courses to give you the instruction and foundation you need for your voice? You really need a clear path and access to numerous exercises and instructions.
  • omkarpanchamomkarpancham Posts: 3Member

Have a look at this for phlegm relief.
    Try to stay away from pharmaceuticals and work on your overall health naturally.

Thank you so much Phil. I shall go to the pharmacist tomorrow and check what is available. If nothing helps, the ginger and garlic would surely help.

So thanks again for your timely help sir.

Kind regards,
    Om
  • omkarpanchamomkarpancham Posts: 3Member
    highmtn said:

To grow your voice, there is no one exercise or one or even ten things to do. It's an entire course of things you need to work on to build your voice, over a long period of time.

Are you able to start the beginner streaming or one of the KTVA owned courses to give you the instruction and foundation you need for your voice? You really need a clear path and access to numerous exercises and instructions.

Is there a way I would have some idea about Ken's classes? I am from Indian music background and very much dreaming to learn western singing. But I need to know what my path is going to look like. How may I have some idea or contents of the overall program along with some milestones, etc?

Thanks.
    /Om
  • highmtnhighmtn Posts: 11,952Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    You can see a lot about the contents of the course at https://KenTamplinVocalAcademy.com/