Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

on/off singer looking to get back into singing

aspieryanaspieryan Member, 2.0 PRO Posts: 3
Hey im Ryan im not exactly brand new to singing years ago I was obsessed and brought a different SLS based program, I got disappointed with the lack of results(tone remained bad), back then I stopped singing since everyone told me I was terrible :(

I recently in the past few months broke up with a girl and what did I do? singing of course it just feels magical, im still terrible but I have seen results already (1 month in) such as easier to sing in a higher chest voice, my head voice being easy to access and more resonance behind it. then theres less tension than before what notes I use to have tension on now is not noticeable.

My main goal at this time is a better tone, I have heard my cover recordings ouch the sound is bad... not sure what type of tone they are I just know its terrible :( a few songs I sung sounded okish but that's around the same time as the bad ones XD so I assume I need to figure out tone mainly.

Comments

• stratmanstratman Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 364
    @aspieryan Welcome. Tone is certainly a key part of Ken's program. You'll see that most of the initial focus is on getting a bright ping sound across all vowels. I just completed my 3rd year and very pleased with the tone that Ken has helped me get. You're in good company here on the forums. Again, welcome.
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    There will occasionally be certain things that sound bad. For me, allot of those times it is due to improper vowel mods that emphasize grating or piercing tones. Sometimes I have to go line by line of a recording and listen for words and vowels that seem "off", and learn to sing them differently.
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Hi Ryan! really good choice by coming to KTVA. You can find so many testimonies here about KTVA. It certainly works wonders for me. Use the course well, be patient, and the results will come. It takes dedication, but most great things in life don't come easy. Just remember that there are many people here on the forum that are always ready to help you out with any issues you might come across.

Have a look around the forum i say!

All the best,

Ben