Hey Dudes and Divas!
Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.
To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.
How Do You Get Started In This Business?
I know, I know...I'm like still on volume 1 but I'd like to get an idea of what needs to be done in the future (which means after I learn how to sing of course lol) in order to make this a career This is all so extremely new to me and I just want an idea of where to start when I feel confident enough in my talent to start putting stuff out there. So if you have any information on the questions below I would greatly appreciate it : ).Here are my questions:
1. How do you get a band together to start performing?
2. If I don't have a band, would it be wise to learn the guitar to begin performing solo until I get one?
3. How do you make money from a singing without being a celebrity? (stupid question I know, but I have no idea)
4. Is it really hard to get studio time to record songs?
5. How do you book shows exactly? Do you call up a venue and ask to play?
As you can probably tell after reading those questions...I'm sooo lost!
Thanks again guys for your help guys : )