a-ha Take on me.

DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157

One of the tougher songs.
@videoace @highmtn and anyone else willing to take a listen
Please give me feedback on this one.
Greatly appreciated, :-)

-Diego

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Good job on the vocals. You're distorting the mic a bit in places, and it sounds like you need to use a breath filter and maybe back off from the mic capsule, as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,111
    I agree with highmtn. Good job on the vocals. You're really starting to get good control of your voice.

those high notes you hit are like a whistle.
    Have you ever tried doubling up on the vocals for a thicker sound?
    Your voice seems naturally thin is why I ask.
    It takes a lot of concentration for me to thin out that much if I can get that thin at all.

Ever try to sing Robert Plant? I would be interested to hear you try some Led Zeppelin. "Going to California"?

Anyway, Good Job!

Peace, Tony
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    Thank you @highmtn

I use a Logitech USB desktop microphone, I don't know how good it is. I'm trying my hardest to get the best sound out of it. It like picks the breathing even when I back off. So I just try to look a different direction.
    Any critiques on the voice?
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    @videoace Oooh, of course I'm gonna try some Led Zeppelin.
    I've tried to sing like Robert, but only the harder songs, like Whole Lotta Love. But I'm gonna follow your song suggestion and see what I can make out of it. I would say, I can make my voice less thin if I wanted to. Morten has this really light voice in the song that I wanted to imitate.

-Diego