Home About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy

KTVA Discord?

Just realised that KTVA could make a Discord server. Discord is a platform much like Skype or Teamspeak, but it's free and there can be 'unlimited?' people in a server at a time and people could chat there, go talk over microphone.
The server could have a bunch of chat and voice rooms; General, Help, Chill, and voice rooms for people to show off their skills (or the lack of in my case D:) or just talk if too lazy to write.

It's just an idea though, so maybe run a poll or something to see how many people would be interested.
Sorry if there's one already I haven't heard of it.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,111
    It's been my experience with musicians and singers that makes me lean to a no on this one. Musicians/singers can be tempermental people with huge egos. You put them in a room together, and bad things happen. Just my experience.

It's hard enough to even get two separate bands in a room without some clashing.

If you want to hook up on something like that, there are web sites already hooked up for that type of thing. You just have to get people there. Maybe buddy up with one or two students who are in the same place doing the program.

Peace
  • HidenseekHidenseek Pro Posts: 7
    if you start a discord lmk!
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    I think this would be a good idea.
  • MatsyMatsy Pro Posts: 168
    edited April 2021
    This might be old an old post but I also support this idea. You could set up rooms that require a person to have a certain status added to their profile to be able to access those rooms etc similar to what you have here.

It could add a sense of immediacy and enhanced engagement, you’d also be able to get people into voice chat and they could give a live demo of their scales etc that you could correct and critique in real time.

It could be invite only to those doing the course etc to help prevent issues with trolls coming in to trash the place.

Forums are great because you can research previously asked questions. Discord would be great for building a greater sense of community. I feel like less people would “disappear” or lose interest if they had a place where they could engage with each other in real time.

I know someone who runs a language discord and it’s quite successful. When the master teacher drops in for a chat every now and then the place goes off. There are skilled moderators that deal with the ongoing maintenance.

Please seriously consider this. Heck, I’d even volunteer to help out in some way.
  • skv123159skv123159 Member Posts: 87
  • ONICONIC Member Posts: 61
    I support this! I am already apart of many of these singing discords, and I would have to disagree with the deleted user who said this would result in clashing and fighting. All the discord servers that I am apart of are super friendly and supportive. I'm sure a KTVA discord server would be just as supportive and friendly!